The original site of the Fair, where number 41-42 survives as the oldest inhabited house in the City of London. The text from this page is here with additional links.
Click/touch X above for full screen, if showing. Alternatively download to view under three dots. Full edition here.
Explore Cloth Fair and the streets nearby with Streetview, above. St Bartholomew the Great is opposite 41-42, West Smithfield is at one end of the street, with the Hand and Shears pub and Founders Hall at the other. The Rising Sun pub is in between.
Articles about Cloth Fair and its alleys
Hover mouse over links above and below to see a preview. On mobile touching links should give a popup of the article, with X top right to dismiss.
- 41-42 Cloth Fair – Metro Girl
- The Lost Alleys of Cloth Fair – A London Inheritance
- Down Your Alley: Cloth Fair – Cabbie Blog
- Rising Sun Court – Ian Visits
- Barley Mow Passage – Ian Visits
- Itinerary of cloth fair – British History Online
- More about Cloth Fair and its Alleys – these and other links